Pre / Postnatal Pilates
I have completed specific Pregnancy and Postnatal Pilates training and have extensive professional experience in this field working with clients throughout their pregnancy and beyond. As a mother of 2 children I have personal experience of this wonderful stage in life and consider it a privilege to be part of this special time with mother and baby.
Pilates during pregnancy will help you manage the emotional, physical and hormonal changes that take place. I am passionate about giving women the support and education to help them have confidence in their body’s natural ability to give birth.
- Strengthens postural muscles to help support the baby
- Reduce the likelihood of back pain during pregnancy
- Improve circulation and energy levels
- Improve posture
- Learn breathing techniques to keep you calm, centred and grounded
- Prepare the upper body for the demands of motherhood: carrying, lifting and breastfeeding
Classes can start after your 6 week check from your midwife or doctor.
- An effective way to regain abdominal and pelvic floor strength which can be weakened during pregnancy and birth
- Upper body strengthening and releasing shoulder tension to support your body
- Will give you some ‘me’ time
As pregnancies and bodies are all so individual I believe that private or semi-private classes, working on your own programme is the best approach for pre and post-natal women.